Unpack N' Play is a free 12-week registered, structured program that provides parent-child interactive activities for parents and children, such as: circle time, story time, craft time, singing, dancing, play time, one-on-one reading with parents, parachute activities, and more! Please note, it is not a drop in playgroup. This program is designed:
for parents and children to participate together in each activity,
to equip parents with valuable resources,
for the children to learn important skills,
to bring families together,
the idea is for the whole family to benefit from this program.
The recommended age for this program is from 18 months - 5 years, but younger siblings (0-18mon) are welcome.
We begin each 12 week session with collecting information on the specific needs of each group. During 11 weeks parents will receive handouts that will cover topics regarding child development (including screening checklists), behaviour management, positive parenting, nutrition, health, hygiene and topics requested by parents in order to help support their family and parenting needs.
This interactive play program is focused around bringing parents together to learn, support and share with each other.
Learn and play with your child while strengthening the parent/child bond.
The last class of each session is a field trip with all locations to one of Edmonton's educational or entertainment facilities.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION.
Thank you for your interest in Unpack N' Play! There are many families who would like to participate in the program. In an effort to keep the registration process fair and to reach as many families as possible, our registration is as follows:
1. This program is intended for children and their immediate family. It is not intended for day home providers and nannies.
2. Enrollment is managed on a first come, first served basis.
3. Priority is given to families who are new to the program, identify themselves as immigrant/external migrants, indigenous, single parents, and families who demonstrate how they could benefit from the program.
4. Returning families are still welcome and encouraged to register, however their spots are space dependent.
5. Once a date has been announced, registration will open at 10AM SHARP. Please make sure you register online at exactly 10AM. Due to popularity, it is common for some locations to fill up within minutes of opening.
6. Prior to submitting a registration form, please read Ground Rules and make sure you would be able to follow them.
7. Submitting more than one registration form is prohibited.
Each year has 3 sessions; Winter, Spring, and Fall.
Tentative Dates of are as follows:
WINTER Session runs from January - March
SPRING Session runs from April - July
FALL Session runs from September - December
REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE THE ASSIGNED DATE AND TIME ARE INELIGIBLE
Confirmation of enrollment/status of your registration will be provided via email. As there are usually a large number of emails and registration forms that we receive at this time, it might take some time before you hear back. Please note, patience is greatly appreciated, and sending multiple emails will not speed up the process.
When submitting a registration form please make sure you provide all necessary and accurate information (including ALL children attending). Otherwise, your registration form will not be processed and you will be asked to re-submit your registration form.
Abuse of the registration process will result in forfeiture of your spot and registration in any future Unpack N' Play sessions.