Unpack N' Play is a free, registered, structured program that provides parent-child interactive activities for parents and children, such as: circle time, story time, craft time, singing, dancing, play time, one-on-one reading with parents, parachute activities, and more! This program is designed:
for parents and children to participate together in each activity,
to equip parents with valuable resources,
for the children to learn important skills,
to bring families together,
the idea is for the whole family to benefit from this program.
The recommended age for this program is from 18 months - 5 years, but younger siblings (0-18mon) are welcome.
We begin each session with collecting information on the specific needs of each group. Parents will receive handouts that will cover topics regarding child development, behaviour management, positive parenting and topics requested by parents in order to help support their family and parenting needs.
This interactive play program is focused around bringing parents together to learn, support and share with each other.
Learn and play with your child while strengthening the parent/child bond.
The last class of each session is a field trip.
Each year has 3 sessions:
WINTER Session runs from January - March
SPRING Session runs from April - July
FALL Session runs from September - December
Winter registration date
November 29, 2021
We are happy to continue to provide individual packages to registered families. These packages include: craft supplies, activity supplies, handouts and additional resources. They are needed to participate in the program and can be picked up at City West (9915 148 St) prior to the sessions.
A sample of the individual package (Fall 2020)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION.
Thank you for your interest in Unpack N' Play! There are many families who would like to participate in the program. In an effort to keep the registration process fair and to reach as many families as possible, our registration is as follows:
1. This program is intended for children and their immediate family. It is not intended for day home providers and nannies.
2. Enrollment is managed on a first come, first served basis.
3. Priority is given to families who are new to the program, identify themselves as immigrant/external migrants, indigenous, single parents, and families who demonstrate how they could benefit from the program.
4. Returning families are still welcome and encouraged to register, however their spots are space dependent.
5. Once a date has been announced, registration will open at 9:00AM SHARP (registration button will be activated in advance). Please make sure you register online at or after 9:00AM. Registration forms submitted prior to the start date and time will be ineligible (will not be accepted).
7. When submitting a registration form please make sure you provide all necessary and accurate information (including ALL children attending). Otherwise, your registration form will not be processed and you will be asked to re-submit your registration form.
8. Submitting more than one registration form is prohibited.
9. Abuse of the registration process will result in forfeiture of your spot and registration in any future Unpack N' Play sessions.
Confirmation of enrollment/status of your registration will be provided via email. As there is usually a large number of emails and registration forms that we receive at this time, it might take some time before you hear back. Please note, patience is greatly appreciated, and sending multiple emails will not speed up the process. Thank you!
By proceeding to register you confirm that you have read and agree to the above terms and conditions